- Listen through all five “cup phones”. For each one:
- State the length of the cord
- How well you were able to hear another person through the phone?
- Which was easier to hear people through: the longer or the shorter phones? Why?
- Take a set of dominoes and set it up so that you have two parallel lines of dominoes: One line of dominoes should have the dominoes spaced very closely together and the other line should be as far apart as possible and still be able to knock the next one down. Then, race the two to see which one goes faster. Which is it?
- The two lines represent how sound moves through cold air and hot air. Which line represents which temperature of air? Why?
- Through which does sound move faster: cold or hot air?
How Do Sound and Light Work?
Demonstrate that waves have energy and waves can transfer energy when they interact with matter