- Consider the posted question for 30 seconds without talking or discussing.
- Write your position on the question for 30 seconds.
- Draw a line under your position then write a 2 – 3 sentence explanation of why you responded that way.
- Take your notebook with you and go to the area in class that best agrees with your position statement.
- As an entire class, everyone must talk once about the OPPOSITE position before taking another turn.
- After making a statement and opinion on the question, a person from the other side may answer it, stating if you agree or disagree and why. Then state a fact and opinion.
- Write down your new opinion and how it has changed.
Classroom strategies in order to enhance learning