You will come up with a hypothesis for an answer to your question, then test the hypothesis by performing an experiment.
- What is the question you are trying to answer?
- What is your hypothesis (the answer to your question)? Make sure to include a specific answer to your question (including numbers) and a reason why you think the way you do.
- What is the independent variable? If there’s more than one, then explain how many different experimental groups you will have.
- What is the dependent variable? There may be more than one.
- What is your control group, or control groups?
- What materials do you need for this experiment?
- What are the steps you need to complete for this experiment?
- What items need to be purchased in order to do this experiment?